ACIC Graduate Program
Why choose the ACIC?
Are you seeking a career where you can make a difference?
Working across a variety of roles, ACIC graduates are at the forefront of tackling serious and organised crime both in Australia and offshore. The work they do directly contributes to keeping the community safe.
Our graduates have the opportunity to be a part of Australia's National Intelligence Community and work alongside some of the country’s most innovative and effective intelligence and law enforcement professionals.
About the program
Our 12-month program will provide you an opportunity to develop your professional skills and hone your tradecraft, in a diverse and supportive agency. We offer a number of benefits including:
- various rotations that will expose you to a variety of different capabilities within the ACIC
- a range of exciting career opportunities and development pathways
- attractive employment conditions that support a work/life balance
- a competitive remuneration package including relocation assistance (if moving from interstate)
- comprehensive development program aligned to your role, including a mix of on-the-job and formal learning
- a dedicated entry level programs team to provide guidance and support throughout your program.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for qualified graduates that are driven and passionate about the important work we do. We want graduates who are problem solvers, innovative thinkers and committed to making a difference.
We are seeking graduates with degrees in the following fields:
- Corporate: policy, human resources, finance and accounting, legal, communications, and project management.
- Intelligence: criminal justice, criminology, international relations, national security, and social science.
- Technical: data science, data analytics, cyber security, engineering and programming.
How to apply
We recruit our graduates through a range of recruitment streams and agencies, including:
- Department of Defence Indigenous Graduate Pathway Program
- Department of Home Affairs Graduate Development Program
- Department of Defence Graduate Program
- Australian Bureau of Statistics Data Graduate stream
- APS HR Graduate Program
- Digital Transformation Agency's Digital Graduate Program.
You must be an Australian Citizen to apply. For more information about eligibility criteria and application process please contact the relevant program directly.
Please note: ACIC graduates must satisfy a rigorous security assessment by the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency and are required to gain and maintain up to a Negative Vetting 2 clearance. In assessing suitability for employment, the ACIC conducts a pre-employment screening process. This requires the applicant to complete a pre-employment screening form for the purpose of character and background checking, and a psychological assessment.
For more information about our program, please contact the Entry Level Programs Team on (02) 6268 7691 or send us an email.