The Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission (ACIC) is Australia's national criminal intelligence agency. We work with our state and territory, national and international partners on investigations and to collect intelligence to improve the national ability to respond to crime impacting Australia.
We are the conduit for sharing criminal information and intelligence between all state, territory and Commonwealth law enforcement agencies.
As a graduate at the ACIC, you will be part of a strong, diverse agency, with just under 1,000 employees, working across eight locations in Australia.
Your drive, commitment and passion for your work will be critical to our future success.
About the program
The 12-month ACIC Graduate Program is designed to give you experience and exposure to several different areas within the ACIC and the broader Department of Home Affairs portfolio.
The program provides a number of benefits including:
- three different workplace rotations
- opportunities to use and develop your skills in a dynamic agency with a diverse and exciting range of responsibilities
- attractive employment conditions that support a work/life balance
- relocation assistance (if moving from interstate)
- a competitive remuneration package
- access to a support network of people including
- a dedicated graduate team to provide guidance and support throughout your program
- formal learning and development
- mentor program.
Graduates are engaged as full-time permanent employees commencing at the APS4 classification (starting salary of $68,114 per annum plus superannuation). Further details regarding employment conditions are located in the ACIC Enterprise Agreement 2016-19. All graduate positions are based in Canberra.
Learning and development
In our graduate program you will participate in a year of comprehensive training and learning. Our learning and development program includes a mix of on-the-job training and formal learning providing you with a qualification at the end of the program.
How to apply
We recruit our graduates through four recruitment streams:
- Australian Public Service Commission's Indigenous Graduate Pathway program.
- Department of Home Affairs Graduate Development Program.
- Department of Defence Graduate Program.
- Digital Transformation Agency's Digital Graduate Program.
For more information on our entry level program initiatives contact the Entry Level Programs Team on (02) 6268 7691 or send us an entrylevelprograms [at] acic.gov.au (email).