On the 14 November 1994, the Senate agreed to a motion by Senator Harradine requiring all Australian Government departments and agencies produce an indexed list of files every six months for tabling before parliament. The production of the list is intended to make the operations of government more transparent to the Australian public.
As part of the government's ongoing commitment to give Australians greater access to relevant government information quickly and easily, the original Senate Order was amended in 1998. The continuing order for indexed lists of departmental and agency files (on the Parliament of Australia website) requires departments to list these files on their public websites.
The lists are tabled twice a year, once in the Spring sittings (comprising file titles created in the preceding January to June) and once in the Autumn sittings (comprising file titles created in the preceding July to December).
- Spring sittings list files created in the preceding July to December
- Autumn sitting list files created in the preceding January to June
Relevant files include files relating to the policy advising functions of the agency including any relating to the development of legislation and other matters of public administration, but exemptions include:
- files transferred to the National Archives of Australia (NAA)
- case related files (for example personal representations or dealing with the personal affairs of departmental or agency clients or taxpayers)
- files essentially related to the internal administration of the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission (for example staff or personnel matters)
- national security matters.
The lists can be accessed below.
Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission - 1 January to 30 June 2017
Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission - 1 July to 31 December 2016
Australian Crime Commission - 1 January to 30 June 2016
CrimTrac Agency - 1 January to 30 June 2016
Australian Crime Commission - 1 July to 31 December 2015
Australian Crime Commission - 1 January to 30 June 2015
CrimTrac Agency - 1 July to 31 December 2015
CrimTrac Agency - 1 January to 30 June 2015