Charges have been laid against a further three people after more than 70kg of cocaine was seized at a Sydney unit earlier this year.
In August 2022, detectives attached to the State Crime Command’s Raptor Squad, with assistance from the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission (ACIC), established Strike Force Parnall to investigate the alleged commercial supply of cocaine in Sydney.
Following inquiries, strike force investigators arrested two men – aged 22 and 29 – in Narellan in August 2022. They were charged and remain before the courts.
Following further inquiries, Raptor Squad officers executed seven search warrants at properties in Penrith, Minchinbury, Faulconbridge, and North Ryde about 6am today (Tuesday 29 November 2022)
During the warrants, investigators located cocaine, MDMA, steroids, drug manufacturing equipment, more than $57,000 in cash, replica firearms, mobile phones, fireworks, reptiles, 3D printers, and clothing.
These were seized to undergo forensic examination.
During the operation, five men – aged 21, 27, 27, 31 and 31 – and a 22-year-old woman were arrested and taken to Penrith, Mt Druitt, Springwood, and Ryde police stations.
A 27-year-old Penrith man, a 27-year-old Mt Druitt man, and a 21-year-old Mt Druitt man were charged and remain before the courts.
A 31-year-old Faulconbridge man was charged with 10 offences, including:
- two counts of supply prohibited drug,
- two knowingly deal with proceeds of crime,
- two counts of possess prohibited drug,
- possess/attempt to prescribed restricted substance,
- handle explosive/precursor without authorising licence,
- participate criminal group contribute criminal activity, and
- knowingly derive material benefit from criminal group.
He was refused bail and is due to appear before Penrith Local Court tomorrow (Wednesday 30 November 2022).
A 31-year-old North Ryde man was charged with participate criminal group contribute criminal activity, possess unregistered firearm-not pistol/prohibited firearm, possess unregistered firearm-pistol, and an outstanding arrest warrant.
A 22-year-old North Ryde woman was charged with 12 offences, including:
- six counts of dishonestly obtain financial advantage etc by deception,
- participate in criminal group contribute criminal activity,
- drive motor vehicle during disqualification period,
- supply prohibited drug large commercial quantity,
- deal with property proceeds of crime, and
- two outstanding arrest warrants.
Both were refused bail to appear before Burwood Local Court tomorrow.
Anyone with information that may assist Strike Force Parnall investigators is urged to contact Crime Stoppers: 1800 333 000 or https://nsw.crimestoppers.com.au. Information is treated in strict confidence. The public is reminded not to report information via NSW Police social media pages.