Working across a variety of roles, ACIC graduates are at the forefront of tackling serious and organised crime both in Australia and offshore. The work they do directly contributes to keeping the community safe.
Our graduates have the opportunity to be a part of Australia's National Intelligence Community and work alongside some of the country’s most innovative and effective intelligence and law enforcement professionals.
About the program
Our 12-month program will provide you an opportunity to develop your professional skills and hone your tradecraft, in a diverse and supportive agency. We offer a number of benefits including:
- various rotations that will expose you to a variety of different capabilities within the ACIC
- a range of exciting career opportunities and development pathways
- attractive employment conditions that support a work/life balance
- a competitive remuneration package including relocation assistance (if moving from interstate)
- comprehensive development program aligned to your role, including a mix of on-the-job and formal learning
- a dedicated entry level programs team to provide guidance and support throughout your program
- salary on commencement is $69,476 + superannuation.
Upon successful completion of our graduate program you will be placed into a permanent ongoing position, with a salary at $73,450. You will also receive a one-off payment of $5,000 towards additional study, development or professional membership.
‘I’ve always been fascinated with how and why criminals circumvent the system to commit crimes, which has naturally led me to pursue a career related to law enforcement. I applied for a graduate position at the ACIC in particular because I want to be involved in an agency that makes a difference, offers unique and exciting career opportunities, and is dedicated to understanding and disrupting criminal activity that impacts the Australian community,’ Alexandra 2021 ACIC Graduate.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for qualified graduates that are driven and passionate about the important work we do. We want graduates who are problem solvers, innovative thinkers and committed to making a difference.
We are seeking graduates with degrees in the following fields:
- Corporate: policy, human resources, finance and accounting, legal, communications and media, and project management.
- Intelligence: criminal justice, criminology, international relations, national security, and social science.
- Technical: data science, data analytics, cyber security, engineering and programming.
I’ve always wanted a career in law enforcement. After speaking to a number of different agencies through the APS Graduate Pathway, I was most excited about what the ACIC’s graduate program had to offer in the type of work I would be undertaking. I saw the ACIC as the place with the greatest potential to develop my skills and experience,’ Dylan 2021 ACIC Graduate.
How to apply
Applications for the ACIC Graduate Program closed on Sunday 1 May.
Please note: ACIC graduates must satisfy a rigorous security assessment by the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency and are required to gain and maintain a minimum Negative Vetting 1 clearance. In assessing suitability for employment, the ACIC conducts a pre-employment screening process. This requires the applicant to complete a pre-employment screening form for the purpose of character and background checking, and a psychological assessment.
To be eligible to work at the ACIC, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Being fully vaccinated ensures the health and safety of all employees, and the Australian community. Satisfactory proof of vaccination status will be required before you are able to commence employment with the ACIC.
The following dates are approximate and relate to this recruitment process. Dates are subject to change due to operational requirements.
|Aptitude testing||Early May 2022|
|Panel shortlisting||May 2022|
|Assessment centres||Late May–early June 2022|
|Employment screening||June–July 2022|
|Offers of employment||August–September 2022|
|Commencement of Program||February 2023|
For more information about our program, please contact us on (02) 6268 7691 or send us an email.