We are part of the National Task Force Morpheus (Morpheus) – a joint law enforcement initiative through which all Australian state and territory police, the Australian Federal Police, other Australian Government partners and New Zealand Police collaboratively target the highest threat outlaw motorcycle gangs (OMCGs) impacting Australia.
Through Morpheus, all agencies are using their full range of capabilities to proactively and collaboratively target the highest OMCG risks to Australia, and detect their criminal activity. This includes:
- improving understanding of the nature of OMCG serious and organised crime activity
- developing and implementing crime prevention and disruption strategies
- identifying underlying factors that allow OMCGs to be resilient to law enforcement
- restricting and preventing opportunities for OMCGs to infiltrate legitimate business
- confiscating illicit profits
- targeting professional facilitators who assist OMCGs to carry out their illegal activities.
Morpheus connects Commonwealth, state and territory law enforcement agencies to provide a nationally coordinated response to high threat OMCGs operating across domestic and international borders. The National OMCG Managers Group oversees this work, driving national projects and response strategies aimed at disrupting OMCGs and minimising harm to the Australian community.