For the year ending 30 June 2021, the following information is reported by the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission under section 15LD (1) of the Crimes Act 1914:
- There were 41 authorities for assumed identities granted during the year.
- Assumed identities were used by authorised persons to gather intelligence and investigate criminal activity in accordance with the functions of the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission and for supporting administrative functions.
- No applications for authority for an assumed identity were refused during the year.
- There were no authorities of which control was transferred by the chief officer under section 15KV during the year.
- There were no authorities of which control was transferred to the chief officer under section 15KV during the year.
- There was no fraud or other unlawful activity identified as a result of the audit of assumed identity records.
- A yearly review of all assumed identity authorities has been undertaken in accordance with section 15KF. Due to limitations associated with COVID 19 restrictions, 21 Assumed Identity reviews were not finalised within the required timeframe. This did not invalidate any authority or any lawful activity conducted under the authority.