For the year ending 30 June 2022, the following information is reported by the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission under section 15LD (1) of the Crimes Act 1914:
- There were 35 new authorities for assumed identities granted during the year.
- Assumed identities were used by authorised persons to gather intelligence and investigate criminal activity in accordance with the functions of the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission and for supporting administrative functions.
- No applications for authority for an assumed identity were refused during the year.
- There were no authorities of which control was transferred by the chief officer under section 15KV during the year.
- There were no authorities of which control was transferred to the chief officer under section 15KV during the year.
- There was no fraud or other unlawful activity identified as a result of the audit of assumed identity records.
- A yearly review of all assumed identity authorities has been undertaken in accordance with section 15KF. Four assumed identities were not reviewed within the 12-month period. Failure to comply with the requirements of this section does not invalidate an authority or any lawful activity conducted under the authority.